Saturday, April 30, 2016

Do you know?

Do you know that while butterflies appear to float as they fly, they cannot see their own wings? 

Do you know what makes Fireflies light or  Comets fall, or trees grow or cats purr, or tails wag? 


I don't know all of the answers but when my grandson or other little children ask, I tell them I have some hunches, and here's my favorite:  


Each magical thing we see or hear, is there because of the person who sees the magic. Without the belief of the individual magical thoughts and things do not appear. 


So I tell the children to continue to believe in magic if they want to see the amazing and wonderful things life as to offer us. 

For the adults who have stopped believing in magic, I say that each amazing thing you see is an aspect of the person who perceives them.  


The  magic may be disguised by the elements, but if caught in an act of reflection, and noticed in just the right place and at just the right moment, they remind the dreamer, as if by metaphor, of their own sublime divinity and that there is ever more to learn and love about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment