Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Silencing the critics

 Mr. Harper does not like those who speak against him and who question his decisions. Are you an enemy of Canada if you oppose the Northern Gateway plan. Harper seems to think so and has taken steps to silence his critics. The following is interesting reading:

Prime Minister’s Office Tries to Silence Pipeline Critics; Labels Environmental Group“Enemy of the Government of Canada” and “Enemy of the people of Canada.” For the full letter follow the link

 
My name is Andrew Frank. I grew up in a small town in the Okanagan valley of BritishColumbia. My granddad taught me how to fish. My father was a well‐respected lawyerknown for his unwavering integrity, and my mother was a favourite kindergarten teacher. Both have always impressed upon me the importance of telling the truth.Today, I am taking the extraordinary step of risking my career, my reputation and mypersonal friendships, to act as a whistleblower and expose the undemocratic andpotentially illegal pressure the Harper government has apparently applied to silence critics of the Enbridge Northern Gateway oil tanker/pipeline plan

No comments:

Post a Comment