2. Meditate for 15 minutes a day. This can be prayer, but it does not have to be. Take time to center yourself and meditate on a thought, phrase, or image. This will help you connect to your deeper self.
3. Quite your mind through meditation. Allow your thoughts to flow freely. Not judging them, not holding on to them, just let them flow.
4. Think positive. Positive thinking uplifts the spirit and lightens the soul. It allows your inner person to breathe without the weight and stresses of the world.
5. Be thankful. Spend a few moments each day reciting what you are thankful for. It can be material things or even people. If they are people, take a moment and write them a note letting them know why you are thankful for them.
6. Develop tolerance. Not everything can be the way you like it. Learning to tolerate the tough times allows you to enjoy the good times even more.
7. Be patient. Both with yourself and with others. Spirituality is a journey and will take time. Everyone is on a different path and going at a different speed. Let things come to you.
8. Learn your strengths and amplify them. Find out what you are really good at and do it even more. The more you do it the stronger you will get. Accentuate your best quality, do not down play it!
9. Find your spiritual passion. What is it that your spirit hunger for? Is it peace? Helping others? Contentment? Whatever it is, search for what drives you and seek to fulfill it.
10. Accept your spiritual side. Do not let the world take your spirit away. We are all spiritual beings, accept that part of you and begin to explore it.
11. Journal. Take time every day or every other day to write down your thoughts and dreams. Make the journal your own, you decide how to write and when to do so.
12. Pray. A spiritual connection with a greater spirit can help guide you through the uncertainties of life. It is also a great way of relieving stress and giving things over that you have no control over.