- Our Food Banks shared 19,259,846 pounds of safe quality food with over 500 food banks;
- They conducted critical national research including HungerCount;
- They had a number of successful policy/legislative wins over the last year at the Federal level (such as the 2013 federal budget commitment to implement our HungerCount policy recommendation to invest $2 billion over the next 5 years on affordable housing) as well as at the provincial level (where the BC government has committed to implementing our Fresh Food Tax Credit);
- They conducted a successful member conference with over 105 participants from across Canada;
- They launched the Retail Food Program with three major retailers helping to guarantee more food and support directed to individuals and families in need by connecting retail businesses with local food banks;
Friday, January 24, 2014
Food Bank support
Thank You for your support of your local Food Bank. In Canada through your support of Food Banks Canada, you've given a voice to the more than 830,000 Canadians who go hungry each and every month across our country. I would like to take a moment to say thank you.
Your support helped make a difference in the lives of Canadians from British Columbia to Newfoundland and everywhere in between. Just look at what you helped achieve in 2013:
Please continue to support your local Food Bank and I’d like to wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy new year.