Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Food Bank Community Gardens

I just received this email and I thought I should share it. Food Banks around the world, need your help and I thought this story and thoughts would help you consider supporting your neighbors in need.The links are to the Canadian Food Bank.

“Even when I’m not caring for my garden, I’m thinking about it. And I never miss a cooking class! Everyone in my family benefits when I learn to grow good vegetables and cook good food. At first, I was hesitant, and just not sure what I was doing. But now I just dig right in! I guess I must look like a real garden expert because other families ask for MY help! What a boost of confidence! And every time I learn a new recipe in the class, I go home and make it at least 3 times for my family. I teach my sister and nieces how to make it for their families.”
- Sara, mother of 2, food bank user and community garden enthusiast!

In communities just like yours right across Canada, your support of Food Banks Canada is helping relieve hunger today and prevent hunger tomorrow. Just as Sara’s love and care enriches her community garden plot, your gifts enrich the lives of families like Sara’s!

And today, I want you to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, so to speak. That’s because I hope to inspire you to consider what you will contribute to the Food Banks Canada Community Garden! Let’s dig in!
Our Community Garden illustrates Food Banks Canada’s gifts in action. Together, we help provide essential food today for men, women and children who are hungry. And we nourish the roots of social change to help prevent hunger tomorrow.

Your support today will make our garden grow—providing essential food for families who are hungry and investing in vital community projects. Your support will also enrich the soil, nourishing the roots of change in your community and across Canada, helping prevent hunger tomorrow.

What will you add to our Community Garden? You can pick as many symbolic items as you wish to make your contribution today.


No comments:

Post a Comment