- Your research is completed.
- You are in good spirits and feel confident.
- Attitude win more positions than qualifications alone.
You are now ready for the job interview, remember that although you may not have had an interview for a long time, it is important to remember some of the following.
1. BE YOURSELF
2. Announce yourself to the receptionist in an open friendly manner, as if that person is your first interviewer. Often the people you meet during the interview process are asked how they feel about you. They may be asked how they think you would fit in with the organization.
3. If possible jot down the names of people as you meet them, avoid being obvious. Remember to use a person's name. It is a form of recognition, and people like to be recognized. This is also important in following up after an interview.
4. The first 20-30 seconds of the interview are crucial. First impressions are critical to your success. Remember, the inter¬viewer already knows about your qualifications. They have done a reference check. The first 20-30 seconds of the interview will show them you are serious, personable and friendly. The interviewer believes that you are the type of person they will want to hire for their organization OR YOU WOULD NOT BE SITTING DOWN FOR AN INTERVIEW.
5. The higher you go in the organization for the interviews, the less skilled the interviewer. The first people you meet are probably the most skilled in interviewing and they are the ones who refer you to the higher levels.