Voting is a hard won right, and as a Boomer I am saddened by the lack of interest in politics by many. The issue of voting has been compounded by the fact that since forming government, Harper and his Conservative Party have worked hard to suppress the vote. They know that the majority of Canadians don't support them. That is why voter suppression tactics are so important to their electoral success.
- Keep young voters on your call lists and walk lists
- Make the call script longer and chattier
- Use volunteers for calling and canvassing
- Use technologies that young people use like text and the internet, but only in ways that allow them to opt in to the dialogue
- Save your money; do not use robocalls or direct mail to TURN OUT this age group