Monday, September 11, 2017

Perception Management

Try another way of looking at the world, by changing your perception, I call this Personal Perception Management:

The next time someone upsets you, think, "Thanks for pointing out that I've begun depending on you. It is about time I lose these expectations." 

And the next time someone doesn't take your view into account, think, "That's okay, I was once like that and today I listen and take the other person's view into account." 

And if someone steals from you, think, "It was nothing, they must think they need it more than I and I forgive them." 

Or lies to you, think, "I'm sorry you feel that need  to lie to me, what is it I have done to make you afraid of me." 

When someone:

  • Is rude to you, "Cheer up, it'll be okay, they must be having a terrible day, I hope I can make their day better." 
  • Judges you, "Thanks for sharing your truth, but I have my own truth." 
  • Drives by you like a bat out of hell, "Be careful, my friend. I want you to arrive alive where ever it is you need to be now." 


And the next time someone greets you with a smile, smile back like you're sharing a secret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment