Sunday, October 8, 2017

Have you ever noticed that some people just like to complain?

I noticed that this summer when we had a heat wave in Vancouver, with the temperature reaching 38°C (100.4°F) with the humidex. So naturally, lots of were complaining about the heat. In addition to the heat, the province had a record breaking year for forest fires and the lower mainland was covered in smoke for about two weeks, so people complained about the smoke. The rains came and for the first day or so people talked about how wonderful it was and how needed the rain was for the area. After a week of rain (normal for the west coast of BC) people started to complain about the rain.

Which is why I really appreciated the fact that someone in my neighborhood,  for some odd reason, decided to turn on the Christmas/ holiday lights on the evergreen tree on their front lawn near the end of the first week of rain.

I saw it as a reminder that winter is coming and that soon we will be having more days of cold rain, then warm rain, but the joy of the season should raise our spirits.


I've dubbed the tree "the complaints department" and I use it as a visual reminder that if I wanted to, I can always find something to complain about - but who wants to go through life like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment