Wednesday, December 20, 2017

2800 wow

Two days ago I posted blog number 2800, according to the stats I see on Blogger. I started writing this blog on October 6, 2010, in response to the news that I was going to be a grandfather. 

I am a bit of a workaholic and so I made a commitment to write one post a day just for fun not realizing I would be still doing this after seven years. Over the years I have looked at a wide range of topics that I found interesting and I think the readers do as well. I have been approached by people who have asked me to write stories that would be of interest to their demographic, and they would pay me for the work I did. I always decline those offers, because I don't what I will write until I sit down and compose. 

I have, as a result of some reading my blog, asked to comment on issues for seniors and I have always accepted that challenge. When I was at University, I was a student reporter, and I still remember how hard it was to get people willing to talk to you and to be quoted. So I am always open to enquiring minds who want to listen.

I have over the last seven years been faced with some challenges and many joys. Life is good and it continues to be at this stage. I am looking forward to another few years of writing, as it keeps my mind active. Thank you to all of those who have, by reading and making comments, kept my spirits up and my energy and enthusiasm for writing going.

No comments:

Post a Comment