Thursday, July 19, 2018

Could, woulda, shoulda

I was thinking the other day about life and I thought, when you think about life is amazing. I also think most people suspect that their approach to life is dead-on. But if asked I think that most of us can't think of anything we have ever done that we would have done differently if you had the wisdom you have now.
Well, is that true for you? I know that with wisdom comes the reality that I coulda, woulda, shoulda, done a whole list of things differently if I had only known. I bet many of us realize this as we reflect on our past. There is an old saying, “ If wishes were horses, beggars would ride", which is an English language proverb and nursery rhyme, first recorded about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs. It suggests if wishing could make things happen, then even the most destitute people would have everything they wanted.
The same could be said for the coulda, woulda, shoulda thoughts we have about what we would change. The way we lived, the challenges we faced made us the person we are today. However, maybe you should think about visualizing more. Seeing the end result in all its glorious detail, bypassing the cursed how’s, and feeling the emotions you expect to feel.
Hey, we have more time and maybe, just maybe we can continue to learn as life is complicated but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment