Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Decades I have lived in:

As James Taylor said in a song, I have seen Fire and I've seen rain, but I always thought I would see you again.  As we move to the last few weeks of 2020 here is a list of songs that are for all the people who have lost loved ones during this incredibly sad year.

Decades I have been alive in 

The:

1940s

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

1990s

2000s

2010s

Early 2020

March to May 2020

June to July 2020

August to September 2020

October to November 2020

Music can help us through this decade of 2020. Here is a link to the 50 + songs about death and dying, some are sad, some are happy and some are calming. 

The Saddest songs about death according to Google

1.          Tears In Heaven” by Eric Clapton.

2.          I'll Be Missing You” by Diddy, Faith Evans,

3.          My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion` 

4.          Wake Me Up When September Ends” by Green Day. 

5.          Fire and Rain” by James Taylor.

6.          “Hurt” by Johnny Cash. 

7.          Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley and Alison Kraus.

8.          "Angel” by Sarah McLachlan 

9.          If Tomorrow Never Comes” by Garth Brooks

10.      “Time to Say Goodbye” by Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman 

11.      Only The Good Die Young” by Billy Joel 

12.      Spirit in the Sky” by Norman Greenbaum

13.      Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” by Bob Dylan

14.      Dream On” by Aerosmith 

15.      American Pie” by Don McLean 

Do you have any favourite songs you want to add to this list? 


No comments:

Post a Comment