Sunday, October 17, 2021

In memory of

One of the people I call a friend, died of a stroke the other day. It was a shock, and so sad. He was about 10 years younger than me and was a gentle, considerate, caring, kind,  compassionate man with a wicked sense of humour. On our annual golf tour, it was mentioned by one of his closest friends that he had some medical problems, but we were sure they were minor. He stayed in shape, he exercised, he ate right and was mindful of stress but stroke is a silent killer. We were wrong, and he died before his time.

I met him in the mid-eighties and worked with him on extra-curricular activities. I also had the privilege of working with him for 10 years before I retired and for a few more years after I went back to work. He was a brilliant teacher, a caring and thoughtful man, who cared about his family, his friends, and his students. It is hard to put a person’s life in perspective, but one of the ways to measure a person is by the connections they make with others. In his life he made many strong connections as seen by some of the comments made after news of his passing was known are:

Probably the nicest person I have ever met. Very sad.

One of the best men I’ve worked with. A gentleman who always had time for advice for this newbie.

Oh no... how very sad. My heart and prayers are over his beautiful family!

He was a legend! You all were the greatest team of teachers. Condolences to his family

Oh…. This is so sad. Big love to everyone…. He was a loved teacher

He had quite an impact on me. Still remember many lessons he taught us. Extremely sad news

Such a huge loss. Thoughts are with his family during this difficult time. He had the best stories and always greeted you with a huge smile!

I had him in grade 12! Great teacher! Great person all around! RIP

A terrible loss. Gone too soon. Thinking of his family. Such a positive and kind man.

So sorry to hear this news. So sad that a great teacher person and friend left this world so early. He is a legend, and I had the pleasure to work for several years at the same school. He was always positive upbeat and very knowledgeable about business. My condolences go to his wife and his family.

 It’s never easy losing a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment