Thursday, August 18, 2022

#4500

 When I started writing this blog way back in 2010 I wondered if I could find enough topics to write about every day. This is my 4500th post. I started writing to keep a connection with my grandson who had just been born. My idea was that I would start writing about events in my life that were of interest to me and through which he would learn about who I am or was. He is now 11 years old and going on 12 and is a smart, articulate and athlete young man. I am very proud of him as he should be of himself. He is approaching puberty and the hormones that kick in can wreak havoc with your mind and your body. We all went through it and we all survived. So, over the next few years, he should know he is loved and will continue to be loved.

Every day there are new adventures to be started, new journeys to plan for, and new places to explore. The world is a fun, and exciting place, where there is joy and wonder everywhere. Now, I know that there is sadness and pain as well. Life is full of both, but it is our approach and our attitude toward the events that happen to us that determine how we survive.

I enjoy writing and will continue to write every day and am looking forward to writing my 5.000 post on January 11 2024 or thereabouts. By then my grandson will be 14 and starting on a new adventure having shared a few more with his grandmother and I.

Thank you to all of those who read this blog and give me comments that help me understand the world a bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment