Friday, November 11, 2022

Remembrance Day

Yesterday my association held a free luncheon to honour our veterans, There were veterans of all ages and their families at the event. My father and my uncle were both veterans, my nephew is currently serving and I am proud of the service they gave and are giving to our country.  

On November 8th there was a day to honour the Indigenous Veterans who served Canada. 

Today In every city, town, and village across Canada people are stopping what they are doing at 11:00 AM for a moment of silence to honour those men and women who have served Canada in war and in peace. It's so important that we recognize, commemorate and remember their sacrifices. As we reflect, we remember those who lost their lives and those whose lives were forever changed. We hold their loved ones, families and communities in our hearts. Lest we forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment