Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Mask wearing

 Covid and mask-wearing are still uncomfortable issues for some and they should not be. I was at a meeting and one participant was wearing a mask. When I went over to talk to them before the meeting, they apologized for wearing their mask. I said to them, ‘Why are you apologizing for wearing a mask? If you need to wear the mask, that is your right and no one here will be upset at you for wearing a mask.”

COVID has not gone away. At a recent workshop I attended, one speaker said that more people will die of COVID in 2022 than died of COVID in 2021. In our approach to this Pandemic, we have become complacent. We need to continue to be vigilant and watchful and when asked to take the next shot; we need to take it. My age group is at significant risk and we need to be very careful if we hope to see the year to the end without illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment