Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Subjective ageing and behaviour

 Subjective ageing can impact an individual's behaviour and can influence how we behave, which can have both positive and negative effects on our well-being. For example, if I feel younger than my actual age, I may be more likely to engage in health-promoting behaviours, such as exercise or healthy eating. On the other hand, if I feel older than my age, I may be more likely to engage in unhealthy behaviours, such as smoking or drinking excessively.

 Subjective aging has been linked to a range of health outcomes, including cardiovascular health, cognitive function, and mortality. For example, people who feel younger than their actual age have been shown to have better cardiovascular health and lower mortality rates than those who feel older than their actual age.

Subjective aging can also shape how others perceive and treat individuals, which can impact their well-being. For example, if an individual feels younger than their actual age, they may be treated more positively by others and experience less ageism and discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment