Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Eight Weeks of No Weight, Unlimited Reading, and a New Appreciation for the Couch

 So here we are. I am home. I am comfortable. And I am officially on an eight-week "no weight on the left leg" restriction.

You might think being stuck on the couch would be a recipe for boredom. And you would be right, but it is also a recipe for reflection. And for catching up on all the books I have been meaning to read. And for watching sports with the kind of dedication that would make a professional scout proud.

I have already started my list:

·         Read three books I have been putting off.

·         Finish a few posts for this blog.

·         Watch the Blue Jays. They are doing well, and I am not jinxing that by saying anything more.

·         Learn to navigate crutches like a pro. (I am making progress. Nobody has been injured. Yet.)

The first few days have been a blur of naps, painkillers, and the occasional attempt to hop to the kitchen. I have not quite mastered the "hop and carry a coffee cup" maneuver, but I am optimistic.

One thing I did not expect? The sheer amount of time it takes to do anything. A trip to the bathroom is now a journey of epic proportions. Getting a glass of water requires strategy. Answering the door? That has become an Olympic event.

But you know what? I am okay with that. It forces me to slow down. And slowing down, at least for me, has never been a bad thing.

So, if you see me on crutches, give me a wave. I will be the one shuffling along, looking determined, and slightly out of breath. And if you have any book recommendations, send them my way. I have eight weeks to fill, and I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment