Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day

This is a day to remember the men and women who fought for and died for our country in all of the wars. My father fought in the second world war, My uncle served in Cypress, I have nephews who are in the services.

As citizens we owe these men and women who puit their lives on the line to support our freedoms and I was ashamed to read about the current governments attempts to save money on the back of the troops. There are many who have commented on this issue before and will continue to keep the online community informed of the Harpers governments attempts to not honour our service men and women, so I won't comment further.
I would like to say thank you to the troops and to their family members for the service they provide for us and to say I am proud of the all of the men and women that serve our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment