Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Keys to success part two
7. Focus Your Time And Money: Remain laser focused on your goals and surround yourself with positive people that believe in you. Be nice to be around because other people will help you discover and re-discover your vision, help you discover opportunities. I like to be around positive, enthusiastic people around me, don't you?
8. Don’t Be Afraid To Innovate: As you master your craft don't be afraid to be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity. Follow through on that break-out idea you have. Ask yourself “What would I do if I wasn’t afraid?”
9. Deal And Communicate With People Effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate and be motivated by others. Do you know good teachers who can help you learn your craft? Do you have a coach--a person who knows your limitations and potential and who will force you to keep to the upper limit? How do you deal with your peers, people who are at the same level as you? Have you started to cultivate the Masters in your field, people who understand the field and who can help you by giving you feedback on your own work? Do you have a mentor who can show you different ways of dealing with the struggles you will face? Successful people develop and nurture a network and they only do that by treating people openly, fairly. How do you deal with people?
10. Be Honest And Dependable: Take responsibility, otherwise numbers 1 – 9 won’t matter.
11. Talent: This is the last thing you need, you have to have some, but if you have too much then things may come to easily and there is no incentive to work hard. Talent is the natural ability to do something extraordinary. What is your talent? Do you use your talent, or do you waste it?
Do not blame your lack of success on your talent or lack of talent. It is your attitude that will determine your success.