Monday, June 27, 2011

Santa in July?

Here's a short story about how to become your own Santa this year.
The message is simple. It was delivered in the late 1960s by Glenn W Turner.  It goes like this . . .

"I remember I wrote to Santa Claus when I was nine years old.  My cousin wrote to Santa Claus and I wrote my letter exactly like his.

I asked for a new pony because that's what he asked for and he was pretty smart and I decided to follow him. Christmas morning I didn't have no new pony but he had a new pony.

I knew Santa Claus must have made a mistake because I was just as good as he was so I didn't bother worrying about it.Next year I wrote to Santa Claus and I asked him for a bicycle
 because that's what my cousin asked for.

I looked at his letter and I spelled it exactly right and got the right address because I wasn't too bright in school.

The next morning no bicycle but he had the most beautiful red  and white bike with the bebop birds on it and the flaps and the whole works.

I went out behind the barn and I cried most of that day.

He wouldn't even let me play with his bicycle.

The next year I wrote and I asked for a new rifle, and he asked for a new rifle and the same story.

All I got was apples and oranges.

I went out behind the barn and I said, "Okay Santa, if that's the way you want to play it. From that day on I made up my mind to become my own Santa Claus.

I challenge you to become your own Santa Claus. I challenge you to get out of life what you and your family deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment