Thursday, December 1, 2011

Attawapiskat

Dealing with comments about Attawapiskat posted on November 30, 2011 by 


Over the last view days, I found myself getting more and more upset while I was listening to the mainstream media and Harper blame the victim--the First Nation people of Attawpiskat and I thought there must be some unbiased and factual information out there. I found this post and would recommend it highly to those of you who want to examine the issue using the lens of  facts rather than the lens of fear and hate as used by our Prime Minister and his government. The following is from the intro to her post


I still intend to get a series of posts out clarifying issues like First Nations housing, health-care, education and so on, but I have a confession.  I haven’t been staying away from the comments sections of articles about Attawapiskat.

I know.  It’s not healthy.  There are so many racist rants and outright ignorant responses that it can bog you down.  Where do you even begin, when the people making these comments do not seem to understand even the bare minimum about the subject?

Well, I try to answer questions with facts.  Here are some of those facts, if you’re interested. (read more here)

No comments:

Post a Comment