• Bay Area Storytelling Festival-This weekend of outdoor s telling is one of the best festivals in the western United States
o Where: El Sobrante, California When: May
• Yukon International Storytelling Festival-Now in its seventh decade, this festival features storytellers from the "circumpolar world"-the Yukon, Greenland, Iceland-telling stories u the endless sun of early spring. Some of the participants tell dying stories in dying native languages in an effort to keep those languages alive.
o Where: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada When: June
• Digital Storytelling Festival-A wonderful gathering with an array of speakers and entertainers using computers and other digital tools to craft compelling tales. (See "Experiment with Digital Storytelling".) The festival was launched by digital storytelling pioneer Dana Atchley, who died well before his time
Where: Sedona, Arizona When: June
• Cape Clear Island International Storytelling Festival-Held on Ireland's southernmost island, this festival attracts an eclectic mix of storytellers from all over the world. Most of the stories are in English, but some are in Irish.
o Where: Cape Clear Island, Republic of Ireland o When: September
• Sharing the Fire, New England Storytelling Conference-One of the oldest regional festivals in the United States, this event draws the best storytellers in the eastern United States.
o Where: Cambridge, Massachusetts o When: September
• National Storytelling Festival-The granddaddy of American s telling festivals attended each year by more than ten thousand people.
o Where: Jonesborough, Tennessee When: October