Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fuzzy logic

A great poem by Gayle Noble


I opened my eyes as if in a dream
All around me was the sea of life
I felt like a dingy adrift ....
How will I guide myself though this mess?
I need a compass ...


The conscious came forward ...
"I will guide you. I always point due right. Set your course by me."


I need someway to move, I thought ..
The breeze of imagination played with the strands of my hair.
Oh, I thought. How can I use that?


The full sails of hopes, dreams, and desires fluttered in the breeze.
With what can I trim these sails?


Moods, whims and fancies fell out on deck;
They went straight to trimming sails.


Who will guide this boat?
"Fuzzy logic reporting for duty, Sir ..."
I looked at the scruffy logic ... well ...


Fuzzy picked up my compass and looked around. "I need some rudders."
Analytical logic, statistic logic and intuitive logic reported.
They stood stiff and grim in the wind of imagination.


A fancy made a face.
A whim went so far as to stick her tongue out ... testing.
Analytical logic took out a little black book and wrote down their names.
I would have to keep an eye on him!


Fuzzy took the helm; "Full speed ahead!!"
I played with a few whims to trim the sails more to my fancy then went below.
I had forgotten already about analytical.
I didn't notice when he put my name in the book.


No longer adrift on the sea, I was a full clipper
capable of pirouette turns though the course of life.


I haven't woken up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment