Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thinking back on Xmas


Two years ago, we spent Christmas in the Hawaiian sun and really enjoyed the day but family was not with us, so although we had an enjoyable time, it was not the same. This year we spent Christmas in Australia with family and the Australian sun, so the holiday was wonderful. 

I found it hard to get used to the idea of having the big meal in the middle of the day but it was delightful cooking on the barbecue and enjoying the 30 degree Celsius temperature. I like the idea of spending Christmas out of the rain and snow and enjoying the sun. 

Christmas without family can be a very difficult time of the year for some, so I am thankful that I was able to watch my grandson enjoy opening his presents and start to get into the spirit of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment