Wednesday, August 28, 2013

13 more quotes to stimulate thought in Children

These quotes could be given at the beginning of each week and a theme could be developed around the ideas expressed in the quote to help children connect to the curriculum and to each other

I am being creative when I dance, draw, paint or write a poem or story.

I say, "No!" to things that could hurt my body like tobacco and alcohol.

When I do what I say I will do, I am being responsible.

I am grateful for what I have, so I share with others.

I try to learn something new each day.

When things do not go my way, I stop and think of what I can do to make them better.

I do not make fun of other children because I don't know what their life is like.

I feel successful when I do my best.

Everyone has good and bad feelings.

I take care of myself by eating healthy food, exercising and getting enough rest.

I am being punctual when I am on time and do not keep people waiting.

When I cooperate with others, I get more done.

I follow the rules and try to make my school a better place.

I like to get to know children who are different from me.

Since I tell the truth, my friends trust me.

I look for what is good in others and I say what I like about them.

I buy only what I need and I save my money.

When I use my time wisely, there is usually enough time to do what I want to do.

I think before I act; how I act affects how others treat me.

Using manners helps me keep my friends.

I have courage to stand up for children who are teased.

Before I do something, I ask myself, "Is it safe?"

I am me -- I do not try to be like someone else.

I care about living things on earth so I recycle and do not litter.

When I write down what I think and feel, I learn about myself.

I plan ahead and think about what I want to do when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment