Thursday, October 24, 2013

From the hospital bed

.It was the second day in the hospital after my hip surgery and about 4 o'clock in the morning I heard a patient from another word talking to a nurse. She said I'm going to go home the nurse said you cannot go home without doctors permission and there was a bit of an argument because the elderly lady wanted to go home. It took her few minutes before the nurse was able to convince ur that she should go back to the ward and why she should wait to see the doctor. The nurse was extremely patient but it took the nurse that she should wait to see the doctor. Woman agreed to see the doctor in the morning. About 7 o'clock shift change I think it was a new nurse went into the ward to say hello and to tell the patients that she was her dinners for the day. The lady who had wanted to go home earlier look to the nurse and said I'm going to go home now and they're so you can't go home now without doctors permission places yes I can I'm in the hospital you cannot be in the hospital and an argument ensued older lady started to run away the nurse had to stop her. The woman started yelling and screaming help me help me you're trying to kidnap me. Security was called and the woman talk to security and was insistent that she still wanted to go home they insisted they would send her home when she signed a proper form to release them from liability. 

Security was very polite as were the nurses they finally got some information from the woman about her family and is it the woman believed that her daughter lives in Colorado had 9 children and was on her way to save her. While security kept he patient confined or contained the nurse went and checked the records and found a phone number for the daughter. They phoned the daughter and she was there within 10 minutes. Once the daughter arrived  the elderly lady calmed down and was able to be convinced to wait to see the doctor later in the day.

At no time was there any abuse nor mistreatment of the lady she was treated with respect by the nursing staff and security. But I don't believe she believed she was treated with respect they would not allow her to do what she wanted to do when she wanted to do. Therefore they were in the wrong. Hospital staff have a huge responsibility and the most for the most part do their jobs extremely well under very trying circumstances. I hope the lady that the treatment she deserved. With my doctor showed up about an hour later and asked me if I wanted to go home I said yes I am going stir crazy and so I left the hospital that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment