Friday, December 6, 2013

Excuse me sir, can I discuss a Pay Rise with you...!'

 
Employee:     Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?


Boss:     Sure, come on in.  What can I do for you?


Employee:     Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years.


Boss:     Yes.


Employee:     I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.


Boss:     A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time.


Employee:    I understand your position, and I know that the current economic down turn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into  consideration my hard work, pro- activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade.


Boss:     Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and and five days of vacation time. How does that sound?  


Employee:    Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!


Boss:      Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?


Employee:     Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!


No comments:

Post a Comment