- Small business owners, individuals who are in a financial crisis, believe they are facing bankruptcy, or seek an alternative to bankruptcy.
- Lawyers, bankers, financial advisors who hire us on behalf of their clients or need a Trustee and Receiver as part of an insolvency team.
- Secured lenders, unsecured creditors who require a trusted business advisor to assess credit exposure and provide advice on how to increase their chances for collecting outstanding funds.
You may be one of the fortunate few that actually get to live this retirement dream, but the reality that many seniors face is bleak. Sadly many seniors are finding themselves drowning in debt without enough income to pay it off.
- 1/6 of seniors report that they owe more than $100,000. Statistics Canada
- 59% of retired Canadians say they’re carrying debt. And 19% of those say that their debt level has increased over the past year. New CIBC poll
- Canadians over the age of 65 have the highest insolvency and bankruptcy rates in the country. Vanier Institute for the Family
- Average debt for consumers aged 65 and over climbed 6.5% over the past year, the biggest year-over-year increase in the period for any age group. Equifax
- Canadians are entering retirement more indebted than ever. Toronto-Dominion Bank Economic Overview Report dated February 13, 2013
- Half of Canadians say they are not financially prepared for their retirement. CIBC 2012 Poll