Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Newfie Millionaire

For all my wife's Newfie relatives

Jarge, from Newfoundland ,appeared on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'  And towards the end of the program  had already won 500,000 dollars. 

"You've done very well so far," said Chris Tarrant, The show's presenter, "but for a million dollars You've only got one life-line left phone a friend. Everything is riding on this question.....will you go for it?" 

"Yes,Buy," said Jarge. "I'll have a go Aye!" 

"Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest? 

a) Sparrow

b) Thrush,

c) Magpie,

d) Cuckoo?" 

"I ain't gatta a clue." said Jarge, 

''so I'll use one-a dem dare loif-loins and phone my friend Charlie back home in Carner Brook." 

Jarge called up his mate, and told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him. 

"Fookin hell, Jarge!" cried Charlie. "Dat's simple......It's a cuckoo." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Lard Je'sus Buy I'm fookin sure." 

Jarge hung up the phone and told Chris, 
"I'll go wit Cuckoo as my answer Aye cause Charlie gots a grade eight dee-ploma." 

"Is that your final answer?" asked Chris. 

"Yes  it is, Buy" 

There was a long - long pause, and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer!

Jarge, you've won 1 million Dollars!" 

The next night, Jarge invited Charlie to their local pub to buy him a drink. 

"Tell me, Charlie ole cock? How in da Lards name did you know it was da Cuckoo that don't build its own nest?" 

"Because he lives in a Fookin clock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment