Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Are you a millionaire

A friend of mine was talking about his adventure in buying a house in Vancouver while we were golfing the other day. He was clearly excited about the journey and the end result. Vancouver real estate is/was  in a hot sellers market and the rules had changed since I had bought my home 20 years earlier.

During our discussion I said that I had never golfed with a millionaire before. He laughed and said aren't we all millionaires. I thought about what he said and I agreed, he and I have known each other for over 15 years, the others in the group I had known for over 40 years. We were close friends, and had shared many memorable moments together. Being a millionaire is not about having the money but about the mindset. Having the money would also be nice, but none of us  had the actual cash, to claim we were in that bracket. 

But all of us had been prudent when we were younger and all of us had money in our retirement for travel, fun,enough to pay the bills until we were well into our late 90's and enough to help our adult children when they had needed the help. We were trying hard to spend our money but we all knew that which we didn't spend would be there for our survivors. We also all had our health and the wisdom or lack of it of age.  In our hearts we all felt like millionaires and in the end that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment