Monday, December 28, 2015

Are you on autopilot or on a mission?

As I think about life as I approach my birthday I realized that over the course of my life I have come up with my own BS detector. It is not always right, but it has served me well over the years. 

My personal BS detector was honed by walking and living through some very messy times. Before I learned to trust my BS detector, I was full of fears, doubts and uncertainty that cost me time, money and faith in people. 


Over the years I've come to realize that "The BS" - the fears, uncertainties and doubts that try to grip us and rob us of our zest for life - had a much better chance of affecting me when I was cruising along on autopilot.


I realized that when I was passionate about things, and had a strong sense of purpose a mission I was much more immune to the siren song of "The BS".


So, what about you? Are you on autopilot or on a mission?


No comments:

Post a Comment