Saturday, October 15, 2016

Did you ever stop and notice?

I have always found the changing of the seasons to be a fantastic way to anchor myself in the present moment.  

Here in my part of the world, we are transitioning from the fall to winter, hopefully it will not be a long winter!  

Mother Nature has other ideas and has some of our plants thinking we are now drifting into Spring. A few days ago I saw buds on some bushes and the beginnings of tulips starting to poke through the soil. Before you know it you will wonder where all the flowers have gone.

I like to play a little game of mindfulness with the help of Mother Nature - and I invite you to join in too!  

Simply pick a tree that you can easily see every day. 

Perhaps it's in your yard or maybe you pass it on your daily commute.  I want you to pick one specific branch of that tree and just spend the next week noticing any changes.

If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, you might see some leaves beginning to turn into fall.

If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, you might see the buds starting to bloom.

If you're in the tropics... well, just know that the rest of us would like to come and sit under the palm trees with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment