Sunday, December 18, 2016

How do you value knowledge?

Growing up in a working class family, my parents put a very high value on education and knowledge. I still value knowledge, and I place an incredibly high value on "knowing". Not just knowing, but doing something with the knowledge gained.

Maybe it's the "wisdom with age" finally kicking in, but now I'm starting to shift my thinking a bit. Yesterday something interesting occurred to me and I wanted to share it with you.

"Many of us focus on knowing, but knowing without doing prevents us from growing."

Here's my thinking... I can only "know" something that already exists. But the more I focus on doing I become open to not only knowing at an intellectual level, but also at an emotional and personal level.

By doing I am forced to grow and the more I open myself up to expanding beyond what exists. Or to experiencing my knowledge in a new way and sharing it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment