Sunday, December 25, 2016

What do you want to do when you grow up?

On this Boxing day in Canada, many of us are out searching for the bargains to be had in the retail stores. But some of us may be asking ourselves, what do I want to do when I grow up?

Sure, we ask it when we're kids. I still ask it to myself but people laugh when I do and I wonder why?

Many of us keep on asking it. I've heard it from people of all ages and at all stages of life. 

Unemployed people ask it.

People with rewarding careers ask it.

People who have retired ask it

So why can't we stop asking ourselves: "What do I want to be when I grow up?"

I know that, for me, it's because I don't think I have "grown up" yet.

Another reason I have is it's because I don't want to grow up yet.

At this time of my life, I feel that I should somehow KNOW what I am meant to do with the rest of my life.

Or perhaps I am waiting for a burning bush to show me the way.

No matter when or why you ask this question, the real question is about choosing your purpose and passion in life- a.k.a. figuring out what you want to be when you grow up.  

So finding your passion is a lifelong quest that hopefully as we move through the holidays, you can take the time, to find time to meditate and find an answer to this quest. So my hope for you is that rather than finding that retail bargain, you find the answer to this question on this Boxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment