Monday, October 23, 2017

It's a small world after all

I train or more precisely new facilitators come to my workshops to watch and learn, I hope what they should and should not do. Most of the time I hope they see how they should approach the workshop not what they should not do in the workshop. Don came to a workshop I was giving on Personal Planning and at the beginning introduced himself and gave me his card, I glanced at it and put it in my pocket as I had still not quite set up the equipment.
The workshop went well, but it was a bit longer than normal and after Don and went for a coffee, to debrief. As we were talking I took out his card and actually read it. I was impressed, on the card it gave his name and the following information: World Citizen, Educator, Traveller. I asked him and he told me he had taught in China, worked in Africa, and traveled to many, many countries so when he retired he thought he would make this card. 
We had a great conversation about his travels, his teaching experience and the fact he was raised very close to where I now live. The world is small and we all have much in common when we take time to talk and to listen to each other

No comments:

Post a Comment