Thursday, December 28, 2017

This Amazing Musical 'Coffin Club'

Thanks to Ronnie over at Time Goes By for the idea. This video is a fun take on a very serious topic and arrived at the right time for me. Our family received some sad news just before Christmas that one of my young (age 25) Grand Nephews had been murdered (he was in the wrong place with the wrong person and was murdered). This is the third Christmas in a row that we have been faced with a family members death so close to the holidays.

When life takes you to dark places, there is always a glimmer of hope. 
I enjoy life’s serendipity moments. Finding humour in any situation is what makes life so surprising. The people in this video are full of life, energy and they have a wonderful sense of humour. This video takes a humorous look at how we face the end of life, and it is very enjoyable. I watched it and I was able to relate. In a few years, I will be 73 and I hope that the funerals will not come fast and furious as they claim in the video.  I was still able to laugh. Life is good even when faced with tough situations.

When I go, I do not plan to have a coffin as my wishes are to be cremated after the medical system takes all of my organs that can be used by the living. I do like the idea expressed in the video of personalizing your final resting place and the idea that you can save your family some money, by building your coffin yourself. I wonder how long this idea will take to spread to other communities. Another way the boomers are changing society.




No comments:

Post a Comment