Monday, August 13, 2018

Looking for love in all the wrong places

Sometimes having more fun and being happier comes from looking for another or for ourselves in crazy, new places; instead of waiting for people to come to us. Life is an adventure and one where it is sometimes difficult to go back. We need to look for fun, and excitement not where you've found them before or where others are now finding them now but in new and crazy places.

And I do mean crazy. Not just from the old standbys of travel, adventure, and romance, but from stretching, reaching, and growing.

What does stretching, reaching and growing mean to you? Everyone has a different idea of what this means. For some stretching may mean reading a new genre of literature, moving from the genre of poetry to the genre of Philosophy, for example. For some stretching, this may mean, expanding a bucket list and going out and jumping from a plane or going white water rafting. For some, it may mean reaching out and saying I ‘m sorry to an old friend who became an enemy over an imagined wrong. For some, it may mean taking a risk and telling someone special that they are loved and wanted. We all have our own standards of crazy and what may mean crazy to you is not crazy to me. Life is too short to hold grudges or to be afraid to take a risk.

Accepting new responsibilities for your happiness is part of the responsibility we have as we move through life. Others can add to our sense of well being, but cannot make us happy. We are the only ones that can make ourselves happy. To do this sometimes we have to be totally accepting and trusting of others. We have to reach for even higher ideals. Philosophically taking ourselves to places where we have not yet dared to go.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Royce,

    I am doing some research on blogers for mature persons, and I have found your blogue!
    I am very glad that I have found it.

    I am with some ideas of my onw to start a blogue here in Portugal, and the seniores questions are one of my passions. My master degree thesis was precisely about Publicity Advertising and elder people.

    I think it would be interesting for us to exchange some ideas about my project.

    My emal is:

    fatima.botelho.braz@gmail.com

    If you are interested, please do email me.

    Kind Regards,

    Fátima Braz

    ReplyDelete