Saturday, September 1, 2018

Out of the mouths of babes.

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers in my family and extended family in Australia. Gifts don't need to be big and expensive, sometimes the simplest and most inexpensive gift can have great meaning, both to the giver and the receiver.

Father's Day in Australia is at a different time of year than here in North America. My daughter and my grandson sent me a great gift for last Father's day. Here is what happened. my grandson picked out an Mt. Buller Bunny Keychain that is the same as the one he has, except it is a different color. My daughter said to him, " What will Grandpa do with that?" He replied, "Cuddle it and think of me." 
So even if it is the least practical Father Day gift, it stems from his love for me and his understanding of why the gift was important and how it could be used. I have used it every day to cuddle it and think of my grandson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment