Saturday, October 24, 2020

Did you get your Flu shot?

I just received an online notice to get my flu shot. I think I will this year. I have never had the desire or the inclination to get a flu shot. I am not an anti-vaccer but I have found that for the most part, the flu shot they give is not for the strain of flu that is making the rounds. They do, I know, get it right sometimes, but I have been lucky and never have had the flu so bad that it stopped me from doing what I needed or wanted to do, so I never saw the need or a flu shot.  This year is different and so I am going to get a flu shot and hope it works and I advise you to get your shot if you have not done so already.

The email I received is below:

Flu season is just around the corner and flu shots are coming soon.

Why get a flu shot?

A flu shot is the best way to protect yourself and your family against the flu and prevent its spread. The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends the flu shot for everyone over the age of 6 months, including those who are healthy, and especially young children, adults aged 65 and over, pregnant women and those with a chronic health condition.¹

A flu shot at or drug store is administered by a Certified Injection Pharmacist and can be administered at all locations for ages 5 years and up in BC, Alberta & Saskatchewan, and 7 years and up in Manitoba. With every flu shot given, a life-saving vaccine is donated to a child in need in partnership with iBoost Immunity and UNICEF.

How to book a flu shot appointment

Flu shot appointments must be booked online due to COVID-19 transmission prevention practices and physical distancing measures. Flu shots are anticipated to be available early to mid-October in BC and Manitoba, and on October 19th in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Be Notified First

You can sign up to be notified by email and we will inform you as soon as you can book an appointment online at your selected store location. This will ensure that you have the opportunity to schedule a convenient appointment time once flu shot bookings are made available at your location.

Sign up to be notified when you can book a flu shot appointment online.

No comments:

Post a Comment