Sunday, January 31, 2021

Another ZOOM meeting

My niece, Jessica, suggested and then set up a Family ZOOM meeting on December 27. It was fun after everyone figured out what they had to do to make it work. It was a pleasure to see all the Nephews, Nieces great Nephews and Nieces and my brothers and their families. In a time of isolation, we do what we can to stay in touch.

In order to not make too big of fools of themselves, my brothers decided in early December to have a practice meeting. I received an email invitation from my youngest brother who was trying to set up the practice meeting. It was wrong, and I knew it as I have participated, as many of you have, many ZOOM meetings and I recognize what the script looks like. I emailed my brother back and then he phoned me. I then set up a ZOOM meeting with him, sent him the invitation and I talked him through how to enter the meeting on the phone.

He was on, so then we went to my second oldest brother and he was talking to his daughter about what he was doing wrong and I sent him an invitation and he joined us. We walked him through the process on the phone. My last brother was being helped by his daughter and we finally were all on the ZOOM meeting. It was very good to see everyone again, as throughout the Pandemic and the various lockdowns we had only communicated by phone.

My brother Sid said why have we not done this before, and I said because we didn't think about it until Jessica came up with the idea of having the family meeting.  We agreed to set-up meetings once or twice a month in the new year so we could stay closer and see each other more.

Another ZOOM meeting is coming up soon and I am starting to look forward to them. 

1 comment:

  1. At the beginning of lockdown we had so many family Zoom calls but as they have also proved an ideal way to carry out the various committee meetings in which I participate and son and daughter have been compelled to use them for work meetings, the novelty has worn thin as the association with business has increased. Needless to say we are back to direct messaging and telephone conversations!

    ReplyDelete