Friday, March 12, 2021

Smiling people do less

 Smiling people do less and get more. 

Something to think about as you go through your day. A friendly smile can open doors when they are stuck. A friend of mine whenever he is at a restaurant or other place where people are serving him, always asks their name. Not only does he ask their name, he uses it with a smile. He always gets good service and he enjoys his time because he talks to them as if they have been friends for a long time.

He has the gift of making people feel comfortable when they are around him. How many of us have that gift? Those who don’t have it have to like me, work at it. I admit that it took me a long time to understand how to make people feel comfortable around me. That is a skill that is hard to develop if one is not born with it.

I learned from watching my friend when he interacted with others. One of the things that he does well is his ability to ask others questions about themselves that are not probing but show that he is really interested. He also listens well, which is a skill that not many of us have. If he asks a question, he waits and focuses on the answer. Many of us ask the question and then start to think of the next question before the first answer is given. I, at one time, was like that, now I wait for the answer and listen to what the other person is saying before I respond.

A good quality to have which helps others feel comfortable around you. When people are comfortable and your smile is genuine, you can get a lot done, very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment