Sunday, August 20, 2023

Happy birthday to my daughter

Being away from loved ones on special occasions is like trying to drink a milkshake without a straw - it’s hard and just not the same. Today, my daughter’s birthday is here in Canada, but it was yesterday where she lives. It’s confusing, and I’m sure time zones were invented just to mess with us.

I wanted to say “home,” but let’s be real - where her mom and I live is just a place where we keep some of her stuff. Her real home is wherever her heart is, which is probably with her friends, son, partner, and cat live.

I hope her birthday was fantastic, with tons of cake and love from her Aussie family. It feels like we haven’t seen each other in ages, and her mom and I miss her like crazy. When she comes here in December, we’ll have some serious catching up to do - one birthdays and two Christmases worth!

Honestly, we’re all looking forward to it so much that we might just have to wear party hats when we pick her up at the airport. Finally, I can’t wait to give her a big, squishy hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment