Sunday, February 4, 2024

No paper menus in restaurants leads to frustration.

 My thanks to Cristina for this.

I recently went to a restaurant to celebrate my son’s birthday and was utterly shocked when it wasn’t possible to order from a paper menu - we were asked to go to the website to order and pay online… while we were sitting at the table and the waiter was just standing there!! 

My phone screen was too small for me to see the menu at one glance, so I had to scroll forever with the phone almost on my nose, plus it’s an old phone so it very quickly ran out of battery and the screen went black… so frustrating! 

I ended up having to ask my teenage children, who were busy ordering their meals on their own phones, to order “whatever” for me… I will never go back there - I felt extremely frustrated, even angry at the assumption that everyone is technologically savvy with a smartphone and good eyesight... Plus it was supposed to be a celebratory and fun occasion where we were “together” as a family without looking at our screens.

And then, once we were back home, I had to transfer money to my kids to reimburse their ‘purchase’… Ridiculous. I could not believe it. I felt the experience totally ruined the mood. Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment