Friday, February 2, 2024

They are out there...

 This is a post that I posted a few years ago, but it was posted on another blog. The author said that he found it on the Internet, I found it via email but the reality is that these people walk among us and they vote.

I was at the McDonald’s Drive Thru and gave the cashier a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25¢. She said, “You gave me too much money.” I replied, “Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar back.”

She sighed and got the manager. Heo asked me to repeat my request. I did so. He handed me back the 25¢, and said, “Sorry, but we don’t do that kind of thing.” The cashier then gave me 75¢ in change.

We had to have the garage door repaired. The technician told us the motor on the opener was not large enough. I thought for a moment and said that it was 1/2 horsepower, which is common.

He shook his head and said, “You need a 1/4 horsepower.” I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He replied, “No, four is larger than two.”

We have not used that repair person since.

I live in a semi-rural area. Recently, a new neighbor asked the city to remove the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: “Too many deer are being hit by cars! I don’t think this is a good place for them to be crossing.”

My daughter went to a Mexican fast food and ordered a taco. She asked the clerk for minimal lettuce. He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

I was checking in at the airport when a security employee asked, “Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?” To which I replied, “If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?”

The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it is safe to cross the street. I was crossing with a co-worker. She asked if I knew what the beeper was for.

I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, “Why on earth are blind people driving?’ She is a government employee.

When my wife and I arrived to get our car after service, a dealership person said our keys had been locked inside the vehicle.

We went to the service department and found a mechanic working to unlock the driver’s side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.

I said to the technician, “Hey, it’s open!” His reply, “I know. I already did that side.”

STAY ALERT! They walk among us!

No comments:

Post a Comment