Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A childs view

My thanks to John V for this post
here is little boy's essay I got from Czech Republic. Translation could have been better...

My Parents

Parents are divided into two parts: the mother and father. My mother is still divided into a housewife and worker.
At home she is a mother who cooks, also she functions as a maid, laundry worker, shopper, bookkeeper, educator etc.

The mother is characterized by miraculously being in several places at once. She is the one who can think of a hundred things, and be doing ten things at once.

I see with my own eyes how, after returning from work, she can boil water on the stove, while kneading the cake. The washing machine is running it, so goes to exchange clothes, while my sister Olga is being tested on large multiplication tables..

Two of my eyes are not enough. Then, when you sit down to dinner, everything is ready on the table. Then she has got to sow sweat pants new holes, wash Olga's hair and hang clothes on the balcony. ~

Secretly I am watching my mother. Mom really has only two hands, and yet when she comes home from work, has a large and a small handbag in one hand the other two string bags with the shopping, but she also carries my little brother Charlie in a baby sling.

Father does not consist either division. Located either at work or at home, but you rarely find him at home. You'll find him at breakfast and dinner, sitting at a table, but commonly, you'll find him in a chair or on a couch and he is covered with newspaper. ~

Leaving behind him is always the same: wide open, and overturned newspaper , cigarette ashes, sometimes in the ashtray. Unlike the mother, even so he has two hands, he comes always home with empty hands. Maybe he cannot write, because he has never signed a note from school. I am curious why he belongs to a group of parents, since he never attended parent association's meetings. He has yet to try to wash our family car.

Our teacher told us to write this essay to reflect on the work of our parents.

 The school assigned a student, who is not working properly and does not learn, to a good student who is productive so he, or she can to learn something from him.

So I think, just like in our school, where unproductive and underscoring students are allocated to more productive and better performing students, that at the wedding, man are being allocated to women so that women can teach them something good and have a good influence on them.

My mother is still working on that. I think, so far, she has failed…

No comments:

Post a Comment