Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wild Spring weather

Walking along the Fraser a few days ago, I was left wondering about the beauty and power of nature. I was half finished my walk when I felt a few drops of rain and I looked up. When I had started the walk the sky had been clear, the wind warm and the sun shining, so I wondered where the rain was coming from. 


When I looked up I saw a large black cloud moving up the river, hurtling over the construction of the Port Mann bridge. Suddenly the sky was black, the sun gone, the wind increased and the temperature dropped and the rain came at me straight. Within two minutes I was soaked, the wind and rain continued for at least 10 minutes and then just as suddenly, the cloud was gone, the wind stopped and the sun came out. I love the variable weather on the west coast.


The storm had come and gone within minutes but the aftermath lasted a while. As I walked home I walked around fallen branches and broken trees that a few minutes before had been whole. Life is sometimes like the storm,in a very short time we can be challenged as storms rage around and though us but we hope we come through the challenge whole. However, sometimes we are whole, but our surroundings have changed.


Although we are OK, the folks around us may need mending. I encourage you after you have been in one of the many storms that life gives us to take the time to help those in your surroundings who may need your help to get themselves whole. Unlike the trees, we can mend and with help make ourselves whole in spirit if not in body.

No comments:

Post a Comment