Monday, July 16, 2012

What do you talk about with your friends

When I am talking with my friends and others who are in my generation, there are a number of topics that reoccur. I am not sure if there is any research into this area (I am sure there is somewhere) and I am sure the research would prioritize these items so that I would know what others my age believed were important.


However, no matter what the research may say, what is important for me is the frequency that these items come up in conversation. So I suspect these are of importance to all Boomers (Sonic or Zoomer). The topics we discuss are, in order of frequency, for me and my friends:
  • Family
  • Financial Security
  • Future Quality of Life-- What does retirement look like for me, where will I live, will I have enough money, what it is like to redefine myself and think of myself as a retiree
  • Travel
  • Staying Active
  • Maintaining meaningful friendships
  • Reflections on life and the need to or the lack of ability or ability to tell one’s own story
  • Generational responsibility—taking care of elderly parents while dealing with one’s children

No comments:

Post a Comment