Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thinking about estate planning

I am big believer in the old adage "If you build it they will come."

I was talking to my physiotherapist and she told me she was leaving the clinic to take another opportunity. I congratulated her and said that I believe that opportunities are always knocking at one's door.

The problem is that most of the time, we are not in a receptive state of mind to see them. I said to her that since she had seen the opportunity she was ready to move on and that was a positive situation. I will have another physiotherapist assigned to me and I look forward to that. Change is good.

After that conversation, for some reason I started thinking about estate planning and came across some ideas and information that I think would be useful for that process.  The first is an article in the Wall Street Journal here called the 25 documents you will need before you die. The second is the Estate Document organizer website  The following is from the website and the link to the site is here

Hello, welcome to the Estate Documents Organizer, a master-planned, 3-ring binder with A-Z tabs and easy-fill forms.  I created this system for myself and my family to save time and stress in the estate management process. This modernized documents organizer includes the newly recognized field of digital assets--your "online life." Both my family and our professional adviser's feel this is an invaluable tool. Emergency Preparedness and  peace of mind for the future are gifts I want to share with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment