Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wildlife and pets

In the last while, we have been collecting other peoples pets and in one case it was very sad. We had a beautiful multicoloured parrot end up dead in our back yard. We gave the bird a proper burial and asked around the neighbourhood about who might have owned the bird, but no one came forth.


A few days ago I was in the back yard and what looked like a Ferret  came into the yard, sniffing around. The Ferret   as not afraid of me and almost allowed me to pet it, but I could not catch it. The Ferret    spent a good 15 minutes exploring my back yard, trying to get into the house and finally going into the garage and out the front of the garage to explore other homes and have other adventures. I worry that the Raccoons who have taken up residence close to us will take up against the Ferret, before the Ferret  can find its way home.

It is  interesting to live in a suburban yet rural area as the changing days make for some interesting visitors

1 comment:

  1. Having read this I thought it was very informative.
    I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this informative article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    Also visit my webpage :: dog obedience learning

    ReplyDelete